Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Simply Fabulous 1

My sister is a member of The Dahlings (she's the tall one :D) and she asked me to make her friends each a card for well wishes for opening night of their new show (this weekend!).  I followed the sketch on the Lily Pad Cards sketch challenge again and since I quite liked how my previous shabby vintage card turned out, I tried it again. I did turn the sketch upside down.
The paper is a part of some very old 12"x12" scrapbook paper from Graphic45 that was passed on to me (by my other sister).
The sentiment is from Fanciful Tags (GinaK Designs). The flower I made myself by layering thinner white organza ribbon over wider brown and using THIS technique >> http://lisapace.com/2007/04/ribbon-flower-tutorial/
Lots of glue from my glue gun :D

If you check out The Dahlings' website you'll see that these vintage images are a perfect fit for them.

1 comment:

  1. Great take on the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at Lily Pad Cards!

    ReplyDelete

Snowboard Santa

I was looking for a cool image for a teenager and found this gem at Mo's Digital Pencil:  http://www.mosdigitalpencil.com/snowboard-sant...