Monday, March 26, 2012

PTI Make it Monday #58

For the PTI video on how to do graduated backgrounds using Copics and ink droppers see http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2012/03/make-it-monday-58-graduated-backgrounds.html

I don't have Copics and only two ink pad refiller colors that might not have worked together (I'll still try that) but I decided to use my foam applicator and 4 Tim Holtz Distress Ink colors:
I first shaded along the middle with Antique Linen. Then on both sides of that with Crushed Olive, moving on both sides to Peeled Paint and then finally along the top and bottom edges with Pine Needles.

The sentiment, swirls and "butterfly" are from Spiral Boutique. The "butterfly" is actually one of the solid images turned upside down. I stamped it on the background and then stamped it again on scratch paper to cut out.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful take on the MIM technique. Good for you to get creative with the supplies you have.

    ReplyDelete

Snowboard Santa

I was looking for a cool image for a teenager and found this gem at Mo's Digital Pencil:  http://www.mosdigitalpencil.com/snowboard-sant...