Friday, November 16, 2018

Christmas CAS Card class Colouring

Hello all

(See also http://redcardcorner.blogspot.com/2018/11/christmas-cas-card-class-day-1.html)

Day 3 of https://www.onlinecardclasses.com/cleansimpleholiday/ was all about coloring. I was weary of this one because I actually hate coloring. Whether it be pencils (too much effort and I'm impatient) or markers (too expensive to maintain) so I try and avoid it where possible. Which means that a LOT of my stamps start to gather dust. Not. Good. So I was very relieved to see a lot of watercolouring, not only of backgrounds, but images as well.

The images, with candy canes, are from Unity's 2013 (Oct) Kit of the Month:


I made a shaker card and it was actually not difficult at all. The image was stamped on watercolour paper (front) with Archival Ink. I mounted it with painter's tape and watercoloured the images. Once it was dry I cut it out with a craft knife to make a window. The image was stamped on normal cardstock as well for the back and lightly shaded with distress ink. The candy canes were also stamped on watercolour paper, painted and cut out. Then it was easily assembled with foam tape behind the front panel. The shaker window has some of the candy canes and some stars added. 


All credit for this goes to Kristina Werner who's blog I have been practically stalking these past few months and I can't get enough of her watercolour cards. It's been a revelation.

I trust everyone is A-OK!

God bless,
From a VERY hot Johannesburg!

Riette

No comments:

Post a Comment

Snowboard Santa

I was looking for a cool image for a teenager and found this gem at Mo's Digital Pencil:  http://www.mosdigitalpencil.com/snowboard-sant...