Saturday, January 14, 2012

Card ministry: Anniversary Jan '12

This is an anniversary card for friends at church.
I stamped the flower's shadow first with Antique Linen (thanks to little hands at home I had to say goodbye to my London Fog until it can be replaced). I then stamped over it (using my Stamp-a-ma-Jig) using a colour from my Colorbox set. In the photo below you can see the shadow a bit better.
The sentiment was stamped over the image with Memento Tuxedo Black. It was then cut out and the edge embossed with Spellbinders Classic Ovals.

TIP:  If you're not sure whether your sentiment & image will fit inside the die, place the die over the image and lightly trace inside the die shape with a pencil. You can then see where to stamp your sentiment. Afterwards just erase the pencil mark.

The gold embossed frame was made following Gina's technique for it:  http://stamptv.ning.com/video/gold-edge-embossed-holiday-card - I just used it on an oval cut-out. (I'm pretty sure she's done a video on an oval frame but couldn't find it :D )

Materials:
Floral stamp: Faithful Florals (GinaK Designs)
Sentiment: Fanciful Tags (GKD)
Leaf stamp (at bottom of DP): The Vine (GKD)
DP: Prima
Back panel: Tim Holtz (Black)

Tools:
Cuttlebug
Spellbinders Classic Ovals
Tonic paper trimmer
Stamp-a-ma-Jig
Scor-Pal

TIP:  I do not have a heat gun (those budget restrictions .....) but I found a very cool tip once on another website to use a kerosene lamp. This is what it looks like:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerosene_lamp
All you do is hold your powder embossed area over the funnel and keep checking until it's melted. Then move it along.

1 comment:

  1. Baie mooi kaartjie Riette!! Ek hou van die kleure wat jy gebruik het en die skaduwee is baie effektief! Jy het my weer herinner om dit te probeer!

    ReplyDelete