Thursday, March 8, 2012

Amaryllis card (CPS#117)

I was asked to make a birthday card for a friend's Gran who is turning 95!! And she likes Amaryllis and pink. (The previous post shows the other option)
 Here's a close-up of the glossy accents on the flower:
 And a view of how the flower part is popped up with 3D dots. The bottom and left-hand leaf is glued to the bottom picture.
 I used CPS Sketch #117 below:
For the flower I went to my handy stand-by source of COLORING pictures! Here's the source: http://www.edupics.com/coloring-page-flower-amaryllis-i18828.html
I printed two out, one to cut out for the base and the other to color for the top layer. The bottom one is colored as well but just along the edges that will peek out underneath.

Stamps used:
Whimsical Wishes (GinaK Designs)

Inks used:
Memento Tuxedo Black
Tim Holtz Spun Sugar

Other materials & tools:
Colleen and Stabilo coloring pencils
Spellbinders Circles small and Scalloped Circles small
Designer paper: Me & My Big Ideas
Pink matting paper: Tim Holtz
Letack Craft Corner & Border Punch
Ranger Glossy Accents
Ribbons: http://www.redcardcorner.blogspot.com/p/my-stamps.html (I layered a organza type ribbon over a cotton one)
Fabscraps Bow maker
Cuttlebug
Tonic paper cutter
Scor-Pal
Glue dots
3D dots

I would like to enter this card into:



3 comments:

  1. Your card is so pretty - what a lovely 95th birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty. Very sweet. Thanks for playing with us over TPS this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Riette I love the image and the loopy ribbon .Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Snowboard Santa

I was looking for a cool image for a teenager and found this gem at Mo's Digital Pencil:  http://www.mosdigitalpencil.com/snowboard-sant...