Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Wings (GKD)

If you are here for my post for the Lily Pad Birthday Blog Hop, click HERE:

Here's a quick card I made using the new GinaK designs "Petals & Wings" kit, butterfly from Believe in Yourself and a sentiment from Great Sayings.
 The Petals & Wings kit comes with a frame with a circle opening. The circle that you remove from the opening can also be used to stamp with. I used the Kissing technique here (close-up below). I first inked up the circle with Desert Sand (Memento). I then inked up the background texture stamp with Rich Cocoa before kissing the circle with the texture stamp. The texture stamp is slightly narrower than the circle so I just did it twice to cover the whole circle surface.
The butterfly is actually not a side-ways butterfly (see link at the beginning of post) but is seen from on top. I stamped the butterfly twice and then cut out the right-hand side of both images. The bottom image included the feelers. I glued the body of both images down and popped up the wings with foam tape.

2 comments:

Snowboard Santa

I was looking for a cool image for a teenager and found this gem at Mo's Digital Pencil:  http://www.mosdigitalpencil.com/snowboard-sant...