Thursday, March 13, 2014

MAWTT Challenge: Make a box & Decorate it!

I think there are few things as special as receiving a gift in a handmade box. Some nice chocolates come to mind!!   Making a box can be as easy or as tricky as you'd like but I prefer to stick to a simple square box.  Which brings me to the, by now, obvious theme for MOVING ALONG WITH THE TIMES' challenge:

MAKE A BOX AND DECORATE IT!

My box is a simple 3"x3" base with the top an 1/8" bigger to fit over:
I first cut the lid piece (5 1/8" x 5 1/8") and then scored it at 1" all around. I made sure I scored and folded it properly.  I then used 3 different prints of washi tape (it was a set of 3 co-ordinating patterns yay) and just covered the whole piece of cardstock with the tape.  Don't worry about the score lines, the cardstock will carry the tape.

After it was covered all over I folded on the score lines again and then cut the tabs from the inside. Fold the tabs and glue to create the lid!

That's just a plain cocktail doily that I stamped with a stamp from Unity Stamp Co's September 2013 Kit of the Month (a STUNNING set and a favourite).

I covered two small areas of cardstock with two of the washi tape (stripes and birdies) and then cut out a butterfly from each area. Butterfly dies from Joy! Crafts.

So think inside or outside the BOX and join us!

xxx
Riette, DT.

6 comments:

  1. Oh this is fabby and I love that you stamped on the doily. Hope you find the other one you made soon, Love Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great idea to use washi tape. Love that butterfly too. Hazel L. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Red… such a fab design… I love the pretty doily and the wonderful butterflies!!
    Hope you have a lovely weekend!
    Big hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, what a sweet box, Jx

    ReplyDelete

Snowboard Santa

I was looking for a cool image for a teenager and found this gem at Mo's Digital Pencil:  http://www.mosdigitalpencil.com/snowboard-sant...