Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Digital Pencil's Challenge #90 - Vintage with Distress & Lace

Challenge link: http://mosdigitalchallenge.blogspot.com/2011/07/challenge-90-and-warm-welcome.html

Here is my entry for Digital Pencil's "Vintage" challenge. I love this sweet little image, "Home Tweet Home".

NOTE:  The pale yellow lace around the focal image used to belong to my grandmother around 25 years ago. After she passed away about 9 years ago, a whole bunch of lace packs that she still put together made their way to me. I've been stashing them away for sentiment sake and can now happily use them. I know she would have loved it.

I slightly distressed the edges of the white card base with Antique Linen (Tim Holtz) and wiped over the focal image as well with a foam applicator.
The designer paper is from Prima paperpack, "Reflections".
Brown base layer: Bazzil
The image is from Mo Manning's Digital Pencil, of course, and can be found <HERE>

4 comments:

  1. I really love how you framed this image with what looks like an embroidery hoop. Very cool idea! I’m so glad you got a chance to play with us at Mo’s!
    Hugs,
    Dorcas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, gorgeous, I too love the framed look. Beautiful vintage card. Thanks for playing with us this week at Mo's.
    hugs
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Riette...what a gorgeous card! I love that you were able to use your grandmother's lace.That makes this card even more special!! Beautiful interpretation of this week's vintage challenge. Thanks so much for joining us at Mo's! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Riette! Great interpretation of the vintage theme!
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Mo's!
    Hugs, Iulia

    ReplyDelete

Snowboard Santa

I was looking for a cool image for a teenager and found this gem at Mo's Digital Pencil:  http://www.mosdigitalpencil.com/snowboard-sant...