Monday, September 5, 2011

The Vine

I am SO excited to have received my new stamps from GinaK Designs today! And the first card I made is with Melanie Muenchinger's The Vine.
 This card is perfectly timed for two challenges, too! Make It Monday #31: Creating Backgrounds With Non-background Stamps Participants and Wee Memories' Challenge #66 (Sentiments)

How I made the background:
I first ligthly rubbed over the plain white cardstock (GinaK!) with a foam applicator and Tim Holtz Crushed Olive. Then I stamped it with two of the small leaves from The Vine stamp set. But see how I placed them on my acrylic block:

Using this method I stamped with both images at the same time, their positions were the same but I did turn the stamp grouping to make their placement slightly random and to better cover any open spaces.
And this is what it looked like:
A note on the sentiment layer:
The sentiment was cut out as usual with a circle die. For the mounting circle I cut a larger circle from cardstock and then cut a Fancy Tag shape from the same cardstock. The fancy tag was then cut through and mounted on opposite ends on the back of the circle (idea from http://www.stamptv.com/). The ribbon was then threaded through this after the sentiment was glued on.

8 comments:

Snowboard Santa

I was looking for a cool image for a teenager and found this gem at Mo's Digital Pencil:  http://www.mosdigitalpencil.com/snowboard-sant...