Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Digistamps4Joy Challenge #56: Baby it's cold outside!

It's actually so ironic that although the challenge #56 for Digistamps4Joy is about "cold" and probably aimed at our Northern hemisphere friends, it's actually COLD and RAINING here today as I'm writing this post! This is indeed very strange weather for us here in Johannesburg in December.

This bi-weekly challenge is not only about "cold" but is also a RECIPE CHALLENGE!
1 Image + 2 Designer papers + 3 Snowflakes!


I made this card using a popular DS4J image: Juvenile Trio
I created some "snow" on the branch by making a line with a grey Spectrum Noir Marker and filling the gap with Stickles.
This was quite a challenge since I've got NOTHING 'snowy' nor snowflakes in my stash :D. The "snowflakes" are from a flower punch and I just trimmed 2 of the 'flakes' ends into different points.
DP is from We-R-Memory Keepers.
Coloring with Spectrum Noir Markers

I'm entering this for:
http://www.spectrumnoir.com/challenge/
http://simonsaysstampschallenge.blogspot.com/2012/12/simon-says-snowflakes.html
http://craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.com/2012/12/199-winter-scene.html
http://divasbydesignchallenge.blogspot.com/2012/12/challenge-64-let-it-snow.html
http://www.craftdoormagazine.com/2012/12/ttcrd-47-december-4th-10th.html
http://ppp-makeitmonday.blogspot.com/

12 comments:

  1. Riette this is just gorgeous and so beautifully crafted. Love how everything work so well together. Wishing you a wonderful Wednesday.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable card. Love the cute cute image. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Riette! My name is Karen, and I was lucky enough to find my way to your sweet blog tonight. What an adorable card. The image is so super sweet and I love the soft glitter accents and the colors you've used.
    I would like to invite you to stop by Word Art Wednesday www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com to play along with us. Our challenges are always Anything Goes, and it would be just great to have you join in the fun. I hope you'll stop by!
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What cute little birds and fabulous colouring Riette..really lovely card..

    Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card chick :) I love the snowflakes and the birdies are lovely. Thank you for joining us over the Simon Says Stamp Challenge, hugs, Dawny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous card, such a great colour scheme and I love those sweet little birds.

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks for joining us with Simon Says Stamp challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is Beautiful! I love how you colored your birds and the colors used. Thanks for sharing with TTCRD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!

    My entries are: #9, #12, #30, # 87, # 126, #127, #128, #157, #172, #173 and #176.

    I would love to have you visit my blogs: Paper and Scraps Creations by Julia and Me and Myself on the Dark…

    Hugs,

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Riette, that is such a sweet image and a fab card! Love the colours you've used.

    Thanks for joining in with us this week at Divas by Design.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a lovely card. The image is adorable and is coloured beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, love the sunny colors.

    I am inviting you to join our blog candy ends 12/19

    http://sisterscraftcafe.blogspot.com/2012/12/blog-candy-reminder.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your darling image and how you coloured it! Love the non traditional colour scheme too! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Creations Challenges! bx

    ReplyDelete

Snowboard Santa

I was looking for a cool image for a teenager and found this gem at Mo's Digital Pencil:  http://www.mosdigitalpencil.com/snowboard-sant...