Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Library cards

I got this idea from a local craft & home decor magazine (www.ideasmag.co.za). Papertrey Ink also has a stamp set to make these. I went the electronic route however. This was just perfect to make for my friend Lianne since we are often talking about how we lend out books and can't remember where they went to!
The magazine has a downloadable template here but I made my own in MS Powerpoint since I wanted to save paper and get more cards out per page.
The holder on the left gets glued inside the book and the card fits inside. When you lend out a book, you write the date and the person's name on the card and keep it.

Here's the box (seen from the top) I made to put it in. It was also the "packaging" :D

Let's go play somewhere:
http://ppp-makeitmonday.blogspot.com/ (#120. the current post didn't have a seperate link)

8 comments:

  1. Great idea and love the box thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations
    carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fantastic idea Riette, I have that little score buddy to and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    Thank you for your participation at CChF, a beautiful box you made!
    Greetings, Ute

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Riette
    I saw you on MIM and came to take a closer look. Love your box and what a fantastic idea too.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that's a brilliant idea you've created here. :) The container box is beautiful too. Thank you so much for sharing this. :)
    Thank you so much for taking the time to link up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!
    Happy Crafting...
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic idea about the library cards Riette. Your card is Beautiful Saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea! Lovely project.

    Thank you for joining us over at the Joanna Sheen Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Snowboard Santa

I was looking for a cool image for a teenager and found this gem at Mo's Digital Pencil:  http://www.mosdigitalpencil.com/snowboard-sant...